Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Makeup Routine

Lately, I have been musing to myself about how much my morning routine has changed over the past few months. I have always spent time on my hair and clothes, but not so much on my face. Applying makeup has become my favorite part of my morning routine! I don't do much, but I always get that "playing dress up" feeling which makes it so fun! Here is is:

1) Moisturize -- This is my standard first step after stepping out of the shower! I use Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion with SPF 15 for sensitive skin. I usually apply a thin layer and then let my skin soak it in while drying my hair. Lately I've been supplementing my Olay moisturizer with the MAC Fast Response Eye Cream. I use a tiny bit and work it into my under eye area. I also take this time, when I remember, to apply some sort of lip moisturizer as well...usually Eucerin Aquaphor.

2) Apply concealer to my under eye area -- Yes, this is my biggest problem area and the reason I got into makeup in the first place. Thank God for concealer...now I can be a pretty night owl :P I like to use MAC Select Moisturecover, and for the past few days Studio Sculpt. I typically work the product in with my finger tips after dotting it on my under eye area.

3) Apply concealer to any blemishes -- Depending on the blemish tone, I use different concealers. For a more dark purplish tone, I stick to my under eye concealers. For a reddish tone, I go with my Maybelline Dream Mousse concealer. I use my fingers for application here too.

4) Set any concealer with powder -- With my Eco Tools powder brush I apply the tiniest amount of Body Shop Pressed Face Powder. This powder blends perfectly in with my skin!

5) Apply blush -- Lately I've been reaching for my Revlon Matte Blush in Blushing Berry...I'm on a powder blush kick this month...last month it was gel and cream...I'm so finicky :P I apply it using my Eco Tools blush brush to the apples of my cheeks and blend upwards toward my temple.

6) Curl lashes and apply mascara -- Pretty straightforward here. I like to focus my mascara on the outer lashes, I love the effect it gives! I also like to take this time to straighten out my brows. Styling my bangs usually makes my brows look a little freaky, so I just comb them out with a brow comb. For nighttime or special occasions, I like to also apply black pencil liner to my waterline and liquid liner to my upper lash line.

7) Apply lip product -- The fun part, I change it up on a daily basis :) Lately I've been favoring the MLBB look of MAC Ample Pink Plushglass, but I've been turning to Korres Wild Rose Lip Butter when I want a touch of color.

So this is my routine for those days when I'm working, going to school, or out with friends. If I am not really going out in public (e.g. grocery store, errands), I tend to stick to just lip gloss/balm.

What is your makeup routine? I'd love to hear about it :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment