Wednesday, December 29, 2010

MOROCCANOIL Oil Treatment Review

As I'm sure I've mentioned before, I have dry hair. I wash it and blow dry it every other day. I also use some sort of hot tool (curling iron, hot rollers) at least once a week. With all of this heat styling, my hair is crying out for hydration! I've been using frizz-reducing serums and leave-in conditioner treatments for many years now, but in the cold and dry winter months, I need something a bit more potent. Many Youtube Beauty Gurus have been touting the wonders of Argan oil, so when I saw MOROCCANOIL Oil Treatment near the checkout counter of my local Beauty Supply store, I decided to give it a try. 


MOROCCANOIL claims
The original MOROCCANOIL oil treatment revives hair, strengthens and conditions, and reduces drying time.


Here is my take on the product:


Pros

  • A little goes a long way - the product is very thick so you only need to use a dime-sized amount for medium length hair. I have a 0.85 fl. oz. bottle that I've been using for over a month (and sharing with friends) and only a quarter of the bottle has been used.
  • Delivers on its promise - I started noticing more healthy looking hair after two weeks of using this product!
  • Smells heavenly - sometimes I open the bottle just to smell it :P
Cons
  • Expensive! - I paid $15 for the tiniest bottle (0.85 fl. oz.)
  • Packaging - It comes in a screw top bottle which I am always afraid will lead to a spill or too much product coming into my hands. Wish the bottle had a pump or test tube applicator.
I have been using this product for the past month and a half and it has become a necessary part of my hair care routine. I apply a dime-size amount of the product to the ends of my towel dried hair. I take any excess oil and apply it to any other areas that I notice are usually dry. I am very sure, however, not to apply this at or near my roots, it is very thick and oily!! After applying, I style my hair as I normally would. If my hair is looking especially dry after blow drying or even the next day, I take a teeny tiny amount and apply it to the ends, just to bring a little shine. 

I have been perusing the MOROCCANOIL website, and this exact product comes in a lighter shade to accommodate those with lighter hair. Also, for my male readers, my brother has coarse, curly hair and this product has been working well for him too, it is definitely gender neutral!

Will I repurchase? Yes! Even though it is expensive and I'm not a huge fan of how it is packaged, I really think this product has made a difference in the health of my hair and I love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment